Sunday, May 4, 2014

Friday, May 2, 2014 (Due Date)




 Mettie was due today.  I look at the events she and our family have been through in this short time period.  It makes my heart ache.

Levi needed a Mettie and mom day today so he stayed home from school and came up with me to the hospital to spend some time.


Another cardiologist came in to speak with Matt and I.  We appreciated his clarifications and explanations of how he perceived the Care meeting went yesterday.  He did not attend the Care meeting on Thursday, but had read up on her and knew the other doctors well and had talked with them specifically about Mettie.  None of the cardiologists or cardiac surgeons we have talked to feel that any further operations are in Mettie's best interest.  The likelihood of surviving the surgeries is low and the pain and suffering expected is high. 









I used a tiny stethoscope to listen to Mettie's heart

No comments:

Post a Comment