Thursday, May 28, 2015

April 13, 2015 Mettie's 1st Birthday

This has been a very emotional day for me and our family.  It's hard to believe that one year ago today I was giving birth to a beautiful baby girl, Mettie Skye.  Today she would be diving into her first cake, trying to blow out 1 candle.  I often wonder what this year would have been like with my sweet girl still on this earth.  I long to hold her and smother her with kisses.  I can only dream of what that would be like, what she would be like.  I miss her terribly and wish I could understand why she chose the body she did.  Our God has a greater plan for Mettie, she is part of something wonderful and I can feel that. 

Today Mettie, your sisters made you some cupcakes and we took them to your grave.  We read you our Birthday letters to you, we each blew out a candle for you and ate a cupcake.


















Grandpa and Grandma Christensen came, Aunt Mary and your cousin Chloey.  Happy Birthday Mettie!  We love you with all of our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment