Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Friday night, Mettie started struggling more with her breathing.  Her CO2 level was getting too high so they switched her to the scuba mask about 2am Saturday morning.  At 8am they took her back off the Scuba mask to see if Mettie could support herself during the day.

Matt met with the Geneticist today to find out the degree of Mettie's Cri du Chat.  Mettie is missing 2/3 of Chromosome 5 short arm.  That is a severe depletion.  

Matt was able to hold her.  I brought the kids up again to see their baby sister for a bit.  I was able to hold her but our kids couldn't.  So we got a few pictures of them leaning around her.  While the other kids took a break, Ellie stayed in with me to sing to Mettie while I held her.  I wish I could have captured that on video. It was a beautiful way for Ellie to express her love to Mettie.  I have truly been blessed with amazing children.

Mettie has been on Lasiks the past couple days to get her to pee more, her feet, hands and eyes had gotten so swollen.  Her toes looked like little sticks coming out of a big marshmallow.  But each day the swelling goes down.

The nurses have to suction her mouth and nose a lot to clear Mettie more so she can breath.




No comments:

Post a Comment