Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sunday, April 20, 2014

It's Easter and Mettie is 1 week old.  Oh how I wish I could smother her with kisses and hold her tight. She opened her eyes for me, she is so beautiful.   I love my sweet baby girl.


It was a big struggle for her to breathe this morning.  During the night she was very crackly and they took an X-Ray of her chest, she has a collapsed lung.  They now have a Scuba mask on her to force air in her and allow her lung to heal.  There is a 50% chance that they may have to re-insert her ventilator tube today.  The doctor said her neck is small and her jaw is not fully developed.



1 comment:

  1. That just doesn't look like any fun at all. Love the pic with her little peepers open. Such a sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete