Saturday, April 19, 2014

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

We woke up to a phone call from our sister-in-law, Carol,  Mettie had coded. We raced to the hospital.  I called my sister, Mary, to have her come be with the kids.  She never answers her phone but she did at 4:30 in the morning.  All Matt and I could do on the way over was cry and pray for our baby girl.  She had turned blue, they had done 4 minutes of CPR.  During the compressions Mettie threw up stool.  They were able to revive her and put her on a Ventilator.  I can't even describe the emotions and the fear I felt during this time.  Then the overwhelming feeling that this is in the Lord's hands and I am so grateful that he allowed Mettie to stay here with us.


It was evident yet again that Heavenly Father intervened and showed the doctor's that they needed to focus on her stomach and bowels before they proceeded with her heart.  Mettie was put on antibiotics, after some tests it showed that some of the stool was aspirated into her lungs.  She needed them to fight infections.




Later today, they had her seen by a radiologist who inserted contrast to get a full picture of her Upper and Lower GI and what was going on in there.  Her colon was filled with air and stool.  It was determined by her doctors and her surgeon for her bowels that she needed a Colostomy.  This will be done tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment