Mettie is such a beautiful baby and looks so perfect. You would never know she had so many imperfect organs.
She gave me a little smile after I put on her soft white bow from her Aunt Jillian.
Mettie was seen by an ENT doctor, he suggested looking down her throat with a scope this afternoon. Based on what they see, they will either try steroids again and ext-abate her, or go directly to a tracheotomy until after the heart surgery.
A Respiratory nurse came in to help with her left collapsed lung. The middle of her left lung is showing no air . She was able to open up Mettie's lung by increasing her Peep Pressure and suctioning out mucous.
Every morning Matt or I or both of us are at rounds. Where the doctors and Nurses meet outside Mettie's hospital room to discuss events of the previous night and the plan for the day. They brought up that we will meet with everyone involved in Mettie's care on Thursday to discuss her long term care.
Early afternoon, the Anesthesiologist came to get Mettie for her scope with the ENT doctor. As Mettie was coming out of sedation she looked right at me. I talked to my sweet baby girl and her eyes would follow me as I slowly moved. I felt as if she was telling me, "I know you Mom." I love you Mettie!
They continually have to deep suction Mettie. She is producing so much secretions. Her blood gas level is looking good.
Agreed! That is exactly what runs through my head when I look upon that sweet face.
ReplyDelete